Mentor a 4th Grader at Alice Contreras Elementary School
We need your help! Academy 4 takes place one Friday afternoon a month during the school year. All fourth-grade students, mentors, and volunteers gather on the school campus during, on the same afternoon, for a fun-filled time of leadership training and relationship building. We need 132 individuals to make this 9-month commitment for the 2022-2023 school year. All it takes is 90 minutes, once a month. Mentors will be provided day of, onsite training, easy to follow curriculum and fun activities to do with your 4th grader.
Sign Up to Mentor
To learn more about the impact of Academy 4, check out this brief video:
Tentative 2022-23 Academy 4 Dates:
|Sept. 16 Get to Know||October 14 Listen||November 4 Encourage||December 2 Attitude||January 13 Develop|
|February 10 Example||March 3 Respect||April 21 Serve||May 12 Celebrate!|
Beyond serving as a mentor, there are many opportunities to help with this ministry:
• Substitute Mentor: Serve in this role when the assigned mentor must be absent.
• Session Preparation: There are two kinds of session prep; prep for club meetings and/or mentoring sessions or volunteer at the Academy 4 office organizing supplies for each school.
• Lunch Supervision: Because we will be using the cafeteria when other classes normally have lunch, we need an adult in each classroom while students eat lunch.
• Spark Club Leaders & Helpers: Spark club leaders will lead an extracurricular club meeting prior to our mentoring session. We also need club helpers to assist the leaders.
• Set-Up & Take Down Crew: Take supplies in and out of storage and set them up for clubs and mentoring.
• Leaders 5: Leaders 5 is a program where fifth graders mentor first graders (October – May). This program will be scheduled on one Tuesday/ Wednesday/Thursday each month. We need to have a reliable group of about 8-11 adults.
• 3rd grade Pen-Pal Program: Exchange notes to 3rd graders- our soon to be 4th grade mentees!
• 2nd grade Guest Reader: Serve as a regular reader for a classroom of 2nd grade students. This helps ALL grades feel like part of the Academy 4 family!
Our Site Coordinator from UCC is Kay Higgins.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can email her at [email protected].
Keep on top of everything happening at University Christian Church.
Stay inspired and informed through our once-weekly emails.