Saturday, July 01, 2017 - Monday, July 31, 2017
Once again, UCC has committed to Sabbath living as we give ourselves intentional time and space to observe Summer Sabbath during the month of July. As we observe Sabbath during the 10:00am Sunday school hour, we are making space for a genuine time of rest for teachers, shepherds and congregational leaders. Keeping Sabbath, making time holy, is an invitation to something other than the routine. Our hope is that this Sabbath will inspire you to find sacred spaces to connect with God.
Which activities will take a break?
- Youth and children’s classes—preschool classes and child care provided as usual.
- Adult Sunday School Classes
- Most committees will observe Sabbath by not meeting in July.
Consider using this gift of time in fellowship with one another and join us for coffee fellowship in the Gallery at 10:00am. on Sunday mornings.
While we take a break from a few activities, there are still many ways to serve and participate in different ministries during July. To name just a few:
- Room in the Inn will host guests each Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
- Bible studies on Wednesday morning during the week for adults; bible studies on Monday evening for college students.
- Mid-week Prayer Shawl Ministry on Wednesdays at 11:00am
These are just a few ways to engage the Sabbath during the month of July. And remember, keeping the Sabbath holy calls us to participate even more in worship.